This course covers more advanced topics on web application development with a focus on single-page web applications and web APIs, which has been the latest trends in modern web application development. Building upon your fundamental web site design and client-side development skills, this course enhance your web development skills at the client side, utilizing jQuery, JSON, and AJAX. You will complete at least one major project upon finishing this course.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Explain modern web application architecture.
- Apply and integrate AJAX techniques to create asynchronous applications.
- Integrate data and services provided as standard web APIs and data formats.
- Take a project based learning approach. All course work will be driven by a hands-on development project. Student will complete two projects.
- Exposure to popular web APIs.
- Deploy projects on public commercial grade servers that can be accessed anywhere.
- Allow students to explore their own interests and learn from the unique experience though a customized project.