This course covers more advanced topics on web application development with a focus on single-page web applications and web APIs, which has been the latest trends in modern web application development. Building upon your fundamental web site design and client-side development skills, this course enhance your web development skills at the client side, utilizing jQuery, JSON, and AJAX. You will complete at least one major project upon finishing this course.
Course objectives/learning outcomes
- Apply asynchronous technologies (AJAX) in single-page web applications.
- Program with standard data exchange format of XML and JSON.
- Integrate data and services provided from third party services via standard RESTful web APIs.
- Utilize major SPA user interface design patterns and best practices.
- Take a project based learning approach. All course work will be driven by a hands-on development project. Student will complete two projects.
- Exposure to popular web APIs.
- Deploy projects on public commercial grade servers that can be accessed anywhere.
- Allow students to explore their own interests and learn from the unique experience though a customized project.